THE BOEING 737 MAX CRASH-VICTIM BENEFICIARIES COMPENSATION FUND
FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS OF THE
BOEING 737 MAX LION AIR FLIGHT 610 AND ETHIOPIAN AIRWAYS FLIGHT 302 CRASHES
The Department of Justice (“DOJ”) has appointed Kenneth R. Feinberg and Camille S. Biros to serve as the Independent Administrators of the $500 Million Fund (the “Fund”) arising from the DOJ’s Deferred Prosecution Agreement (“DPA”) dated January 6, 2021. The Fund will be distributed pro rata to the eligible families, next of kin, heirs, and other beneficiaries (collectively the “Beneficiaries”) of the 346 victims of the Lion Air Flight 610 and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 crashes.
The key features of the Fund are as follows:
- The Fund will be distributed pro rata based on the number of eligible claims submitted. All distributions of the Fund will be made through the legal representative of each crash victim’s estate (the “Claimant”). These funds must then be distributed to all eligible heirs and beneficiaries pursuant to the estate law of the victim’s domicile and as approved in the distribution plan submitted by the Claimant.
- The Fund is completely separate from any civil litigation related to the crashes. Accordingly, Claimants will not be required to waive any claim against Boeing or sign any release in order to receive money from the Fund. The Fund is separate and apart from any such litigation. Prior releases will not prevent an otherwise eligible person from receiving compensation from the Fund.
- Claim packets including the Protocol, Claim Form and Payment Option Form will be distributed to all victims’ families beginning on June 21, 2021.
- The Protocol and other Fund Information are available on this website in English, Indonesian and Amharic and will be made available in other languages upon request.
- Eligible claims will be paid promptly after a submitted claim is deemed eligible and all required documentation has been received.
- The effective date of the Protocol for the distribution of the Fund is June 21, 2021. All claims submitted to the Administrators must be postmarked no later than October 15, 2021.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly if you have questions or we can be of assistance.
Via email at: ClaimantServices@Boeing737MAXCrash-VictimBeneficiariesCompensationFund.com
Via toll-free telephone line at: 1-855-941-3755.